Laughing Gas in Las Vegas, NV
Laughing Gas is a sweet-smelling, non-irritating, colorless gas which you can breathe.
Laughing Gas has been the primary means of sedation in dentistry for many years. Laughing Gas is safe, the patient receives 50-70% oxygen with no less than 30% nitrous oxide.
The patient is able to breathe on their own and remain in control of all bodily functions.
The patient may experience mild amnesia and may fall asleep, not remembering all of what happened during their appointment.
There are many advantages to using Laughing Gas
- The depth of sedation can be altered at any time to increase or decrease sedation.
- There is no after effect such as a “hangover”.
- Inhalation sedation is safe with no side effects on your heart and lungs, etc.
- Inhalation sedation is very effective in minimizing gagging.
- It works rapidly as it reaches the brain within 20 seconds. In as little as 2-3 minutes its relaxation and pain killing properties develop.
Reasons to not use Laughing Gas
You should not utilize Laughing Gas if you have been diagnosed with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD). Though there are no other major contraindications to using Laughing Gas, you may not want to use it if you have emphysema, exotic chest problems, M.S., a cold or other difficulties with breathing.
You may want to ask your dentist for a “5 minute trial” to see how you feel with this type of sedation method before proceeding.
Family Friendly Dentist Near Me – Cosmetic Dentist in Las Vegas, NV – Affordable Family Dentists in Las Vegas, Nevada
Meet Your Award-Winning Dentists
Armand Virtuoso D.M.D.
Dr. Michael Sherman D.D.S.
Dr. Huy Nguyen
The Proof is in Our Patients
We Love Your Insurance!
A natural tooth consists of a root and a crown. If you compare natural teeth to implant-supported replacement teeth, you’ll see they have the same basic parts.